To make columns on your website
- Place your cursor in a new line/paragraph where you want your first row to appear.
- Go “Insert template” (the Rubber Stamp icon). The page layout is based on a 12 column layout, so if you want 3 columns choose 3 cols Equal. Choose the stacked one so that the columns will stack under one another on a mobile screen.
- Choose the template that you want. You should see a number of cells in your editor.
- Click the “show blocks” icon. You can now see that formatting of the page, that’s the dotted lines and the small text div etc. (They may not look inline in editing mode but will be ok when viewed live.)
- Be careful not to delete the formatting, leave the cell text in there and delete it after you have placed in your images and copy.
- Place your images and text in the cells. Delete the word cell.
- Start a new paragraph (return). Repeat step 2. to 6.
The plus/negative open closing thingy
To close the container, click on the negative icon above.
Insert an Open/Close container into your page layout
- Place your cursor in a new line/paragraph where you want your Open Close container to appear.
- Go “Insert template” (the Rubber Stamp icon).
- Scroll down and select Open/Close container
- CLICK OK
- Highlight the text that says "Place image or text here that will open the container"
Type in your Heading that will appear next to the +.
Delete the extra + it's not needed.
Style it with a Heading levels.
- Highlight the text that says "Place content here that will be hidden and revealed by the opener"
Type in your text that will be revealed when the user clicks onto the +.
Add any links to the text and style it.
- Save Page
Code can be easily missed or deleted which is why these formats get messed up. Just placing your cursor in the correct place is difficult to do when open closed containers are already in place.
Have a look at the structure of the layout by:
Clicking the “show blocks” icon. You can now see that formatting of the page, that’s the dotted lines and the small text div etc.
To get your cursor in the correct place:
Go to the Source code
- Under the menu: view/source code (in the editor above Bold, Italic etc).
- See if you can find the place where you want to insert your new Open/Close container template.
- On a new line in the code, type in 'xxxxx' so you will be able to see it in the editor area.
- Click OK
<p>your code may look something like this</p>
Your new template should go in here, add in a marker, type xxxx here
Plus/minus symbols not showing?
Want to have different symbols instead of plus minus?